Performs transthoracic echocardiograms, demonstrating accurate measurements and calculations on pediatric and adult patients in accordance with American Society of Echocardiography guidelines. Patients include infants, children, adolescents, and adults. Studies will be performed in both the inpatient and outpatient setting, but mostly in outreach clinics with minimal clinical supervision.
- Performs reliable transthoracic 2D/Doppler Echocardiograms with M-mode on pediatric and adult patients, performing accurate measurements and calculations in accordance with American Society of Echocardiography guidelines.
- Obtains appropriate color flow and spectral analysis Doppler data.
- Measures and interprets spectral and color flow Doppler signals and applies this information as it relates to the cardiovascular function.
- Derives physiologic and hemodynamic data from Doppler signals and applies information as it relates to the cardiovascular function.
- Uses spectral and color flow Doppler data acquired during the study to influence the course of the echocardiogram.
- Appropriately performs triage studies of outpatients and inpatients based on patient’s age, clinical results, and disease background.
- Provides guidance to physician during procedures to promote optimal patient care and obtain recordable data.
- Ascertains urgency of patients based on their clinical results and disease background.
- Promptly and clearly communicates findings well to Attending/Fellow Cardiologist based on urgency.
- Maintains a level of efficiency that facilitates coverage of currently assigned service.
- Functions within the sterile and radiographic environments.
- Performs studies in a timely manner.
- Instructs other employees in correct techniques, and procedures.
Facilitate accurate test interpretation, patient billing, patient demographics, and overall procedure documentation under the direction of the Medical and Technical Directors of the Echo Lab by:
- Correctly entering information into computer, logbooks, and billing sheets for physician review in a timely manner.
- Correctly filing all paperwork, video tapes, and other data pertaining to patient, and patient billing in a timely manner.
- Developing, proposing, and implementing solutions that increase the efficiency of the data collection, study interpretation, and billing process.
Other outreach and satellite clinic responsibilities/activities under the direction of the Medical Director of the Echo Lab:
- Provides training of non-UF/Shands sonographers at various locations/institutions where appropriate (primarily during off campus outreach and satellite clinics).
- Provides additional assistance to other outreach and satellite clinic staff when necessary in regards to setting up and/or performing ancillary tests (such as electrocardiograms and holter/event monitors), triaging patients, and obtaining patient demographic/insurance provider information to ensure increased efficiency and improved patient care.
Under the direction of the Technical Director of the Echo Lab, the technician:
- Leads and/or performs cleaning and stocking of all necessary supplies and equipment.
- Ensures operational quality of equipment (including ultrasound machines) by cleaning, maintaining, and operating equipment according to departmental policy.
- Ensures that appropriate levels of inventory are maintained.
- Develops ways to increase labs cleanliness and efficiency.
Associate's degree in an appropriate area and four years of related experience; or a high school diploma or equivalent and six years of related experience. Appropriate college course work or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Registered Cardiovascular Sonographer following degree from accredited program.
• Sonographer should be credentialed by one of the two organizations recognized by the ASE (American Society of Echo) which include the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography® (ARDMS) in adult, pediatric, or fetal echocardiography (RDCS, Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer), and by Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) for the specialty of cardiac sonography (RCS, Registered Cardiac Sonographer).
• Licensure required of all sonographers in this Echo Lab no later than the time referring insurance agencies and/or the ICAEL accreditation organization requires such licensure for accreditation and/or reimbursement purposes.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
This is a time-limited position.
This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not apply.
Applications must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. of the posting end date.