Surgical Oncology Veterinary Technician I/Veterinary Technician II
Job no: 502760
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Agriculture/Life Science/Vet Medicine
Department:28311101 - VM-SURGICAL ONCOLOGY
Veterinary Technician I/Veterinary Technician II (CARE)
The AAHA accredited Oncology service sees over 3,500 patients annually, offering a state of the art level of care through medical intervention, surgical expertise, and radiation therapy. Highlights of this service include personalized chemotherapy protocols, advanced radiation therapy treatments with our linear accelerator, and progressive treatment options such as melanoma vaccines.
The Small Animal Hospital is seeking a technician who is passionate about the opportunities a specialty oncology service can provide in prolonging the lives of their patients while extending compassion and empathy to their patients and loved ones. Technicians provide support and assistance to the Oncology service by assisting veterinarians with exams and treatments, as well as providing insight, instruction, and demonstration to veterinary students. In particular, this position will assist the Surgical Oncology service.
The ideal candidate for this position:
- is self-motivated
- maintains a positive attitude at work
- is able to maintain an effective working relationship with clinicians, coworkers, students, and clients
- communicates effectively, demonstrates critical thinking, and exhibits professionalism
- has the desire to learn and develop his/her skills and capabilities
- is proficient in phlebotomy, IV catheter placement, and anesthesia
- provides exemplary patient care
The access to a wide range of treatments and services offered through this service makes it a great opportunity for those considering or who already have their specialization (VTS).
Two position openings are available.
$14.00 - $17.00 per hour, commensurate with experience
Veterinary Technician I
High school diploma or equivalent and two years of veterinary experience or one year of veterinary experience and currently enrolled in a veterinary technician program or a graduate of a veterinary technician program.
Veterinary Technician II
Credentialed veterinary technician and four years of veterinary experience.
- Knowledge of animal care and nursing
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, and terminology.
- Knowledge of the equipment and materials used and their availability and applications
- Ability to maintain an effective working environment while in stressful situations
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees of various levels and responsibilities
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
If order to be considered for this position, you must upload the following:
- Cover letter
- List of References
- Other Document containing answers to the following supplemental questions:
- Please describe your experience with procedures, such as venipuncture and cystocentesis.
- Please describe your experience with IV catheter placement.
- Please describe your experience assisting with surgical procedures.
- Please describe your oncology experience.
- Do you have any teaching experience? If so, please describe.
This is a CARE position offering limited benefits, including health insurance and paid time off.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (EDT) of the posting end date.
This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants do not need to reapply.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now