Marketing and Communications Specialist
Job no: 502682
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Communications/Public Relations/Marketing
Department:60340000 - AG-LIVESTOCK INNOVATION LAB
Marketing and Communications Specialist
Communications and marketing
- Develop the LSIL Communication Strategy and Plan, with a focus on diverse audiences, approaches, and communication products.
- Research, write, edit, design, proofread and distribute content for digital and print media (e.g., publications, newsletters, booklets, brochures, posters, presentations, flyers, etc.).
- Support the LSIL ME in timely preparation and submission of semiannual and annual reports and other deliverables.
- Support communication activities of the LSIL subawardees. Design and maintain various communication product templates for share within ME and with subawardees.
- Develop communications materials for dissemination through the Feed the Future and USAID platforms and using partner channels.
- Promote LSIL activities to internal and external audiences in diverse deliverables and communications avenues (e.g., conferences, annual meetings, innovation platform meetings, workshops, and lectures).
- Implement the LSIL’s Branding Strategy and Marking Plan, and ensure that LSIL deliverables are in compliance with this plan.
Management of website and social media
- Develop and improve website content including writing, editing, and reviewing LSIL webpages. Ensure that website content is up-to-date.
- Research and identify various types of multimedia features (photos, graphics, video, data, audio, etc.) that will be the most appropriate to make the website interactive and to increase traffic.
- Maintain the LSIL’s archives for photographs/graphics/visual. Coordinate with LSIL subawardees to share photos, stories, and other marketing material for LSIL’s website or other dissemination outlets.
- Maintain the LSIL’s social media presence; develop attractive and engaging materials to post on Facebook and Twitter. Solicit materials from the LSIL ME and relevant actors to post.
- Create and maintain other social media programs, e.g., Flicker.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by the LSIL Management Team.
Salary commensurate with education and experience
Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience; or an associate's degree and five years of relevant experience.
- Degree in Communications, Graphics design, Journalism, Marketing, or relevant international development field with strong experience in communications.
- Three years of relevant experience in communications and outreach.
- Strong attention to detail and advanced writing skills to produce polished products and materials.
- Experience in writing relevant materials, (e.g., program summaries, success stories, press releases), initiating story ideas and placement, and monitoring media coverage.
- Experience working with various social media platforms.
- Experience working with graphic design tools (Adobe Creative Suite), website design programs (Terminal4) and photography experience is an advantage.
- Demonstrated and proved record to work in a multidisciplinary team under changeable and complex circumstances.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously within a busy, collaborative work environment.
- Demonstrated motivation and willingness to learn and adapt.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- MSc in Communications or related fields.
- Previous work experience with international projects, preferably related to developing countries and USAID-funded projects.
- Knowledge of French or other languages in the LSIL target countries.
- Excellent understanding of web-based communication.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit the following with your application:
Cover letter, CV, three professional references, and portfolio of products designed and/or written.
Applications must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (EDT) of the posting end date.
Review of applications will start on July 19, 2017. Position will remain open until filled.
This position has been reposted previous applicants are still under consideration and need not to apply.
This is a Time-Limited position.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now