The Emergency & Critical Care Service is seeking a veterinary technician who has a strong interest and passion for emergency and critical care medicine and wants to grow personally and professionally. We are VECCS Level I certified and AAHA accredited. Our mission is to provide a caring, compassionate environment for critically ill animals and their families while providing the most advanced care possible. Our service runs out of our 100,000 plus square foot specialty hospital and is open 24/7. The Emergency & Critical Care Service is filled with the highest quality equipment and provides service to over 4,800 patients yearly. A large variety of cases walk through our doors including but not limited to trauma cases, snake bites, and advanced wound care. Highlights of this service include telemetry monitoring systems, bedside testing services, hemodialysis machines, mechanical ventilation systems, in-house blood donation services, a state-of-the-art isolation area, and much more.
Technicians assist our clinicians in triaging and providing superb nursing care to our patients, communicate with clients, offer instructions and demonstration to veterinary students, interns, residents, and other technicians. Team members have opportunities to participate in a variety of areas of veterinary medicine including but not limited to triage, anesthesia, radiology, CPR and nursing care. Ideal candidates will be proficient in phlebotomy, IV catheter placement, triage, nursing care, anesthesia, and anesthetic monitoring. Candidates must have excellent communication skills, problem solving abilities, and a positive attitude. We are looking for outgoing people with a lot of initiative.
- This position will provide nursing care for critically ill patients
- This position will assist clinicians and students with emergency and critical care patients and procedures
- This position will have an intermediate responsibility to provide instruction and demonstration to students, interns, and residents in a clinical setting
- The person is expected to communicate effectively and demonstrate critical thinking and professionalism
- This position requires a strong knowledge of triage, veterinary nursing care and techniques
- This position requires a basic understanding of anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, and disease processes
This position requires a post-offer health assessment and criminal background check.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered for this position, you must upload:
- Cover Letter
- List of References
This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants do not need to reapply.
This is a CARE position offering limited benefits, including health insurance and paid time off.