Job no: 502213
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Business/Accounting/Finance, Communications/Public Relations/Marketing
Department:11700000 - OR-WATER INSTITUTE
Water Institute Program Assistant
The UF Water Institute is seeking a program assistant who can bring creativity, enthusiasm and excellent communication skills to our collaborative work environment. The successful candidate will work under the direction of the Water Institute Administrative Specialist II to provide fiscal, programmatic and communication and outreach support for interdisciplinary Water Institute programs. A more detailed breakdown of job duties is included below. For more information about the UF Water Institute please see http://waterinstitute.ufl.edu Essential functions of this position include but are not limited to:
- Fiscal support
- Drafts contracts, budgets, and reports with direction from supervisor.
- Processes purchasing and financial transactions related to program activities, such as receipts, invoices, expense reimbursements, PCard reconciliation and purchase requisitions/orders.
- Updates databases and conducts queries for financial reports.
- Programmatic support
- Participates in Water Institute Research, Education and Outreach Program development, implementation and evaluation.
- Provides administrative and logistical support for research, education and outreach program activities.
- Assists with events planning, set-up, and onsite coordination.
- Outreach and communications support
- Drafts press releases, newsletters, fact sheets, program booklets, videos, or other promotional materials.
- Assists in website content management and maintenance of social media accounts.
- Serves as a liaison with Water Institute Affiliate Faculty and internal and external Water Institute stakeholders to accomplish program objectives.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Bachelor's degree; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in PeopleSoft/myUFL, MS Access, Excel, Word and PowerPoint is required.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Web Content Management Systems, Enterprise Reporting and Query Studio highly desirable.
- Must have outstanding organizational skills, outstanding service mentality, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
- This is a grant-funded, time-limited position.
- To be considered for this position all applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and list of references.
- This position requires a background check.
- Applications must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. of the posting end date.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now