Communication and Marketing Assistant
Job no: 501759
Work type: Student Ast
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Communications/Public Relations/Marketing
Department:04020400 - SA-GATORWELL
STU AST- NON-CLERICAL & ADMIN
GatorWell Health Promotion Services is looking for a motivated and talented University of Florida undergraduate or graduate student to join the GatorWell creative team. Primary responsibilities will include assisting with all GatorWell marketing and communication efforts. This dynamic position is ideal for a creative, self-motivated student with strong understanding of social media, as well as an interest in marketing, communication, and health.
- Assist in the development and execution of a comprehensive GatorWell marketing plan;
- Assist with content development and management of all GatorWell social media platforms;
- Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter
- Assist in marketing outreach efforts for GatorWell;
- Assist in the development and dissemination of marketing materials;
- Channels: outreach tabling, digital signage (internal and external), social media platforms, Alligator, Gator Times, press releases, etc.
- Work on and contribute to a creative team with graphic designers and videographer;
- Willingness to embrace learning opportunities and share knowledge;
- Fulfill scheduled tasks/projects in a timely manner by meeting deadlines;
- Demonstrate professional and quality work ethic at all times;
- Maintain scheduled office hours;
This position works as part of a creative team that includes a marketing and communications specialist, health educators and other students. Comfort is required in working with content from a variety of health topics that GatorWell addresses. Student staff is expected to be responsible and dependable. The work will take place at the GatorWell main office on level 1 of the W. J. Reitz Union. Tasteful, casual dress is required.
This is an hourly OPS positions and does not include a tuition/fee waiver or benefits. The student assistant will work 12-15 hours/week scheduled between 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday. Off during break weeks. Must be able to attend the GatorWell-wide Student Training in Fall 2017 prior to Fall 2017 semester activities, to be held on Saturday, August 12th, 2017.
- $10.00/hour for undergraduates
- $12.00/hour for graduate students
- This is an hourly student OPS position and does not include a tuition/fee wavier or benefits.
- This position is open to all students who are eligible to work on campus and will be employed through student Other Personnel Services (OPS). Students must maintain a minimum 2.0 grade point average and be enrolled for at least six credit hours a semester. Registered students are employed on a part-time basis, up to 20 hours per week.
- Must be able to commit to Fall 2017 through end of Spring 2018;
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Knowledgeable about social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter);
- Strong writing and oral communication skills;
- Must be able to attend the GatorWell-wide Student Training in Fall 2017 prior to Fall 2017 semester activities, to be held on Saturday, August 12th, 2017.
- Previous marketing experience a plus;
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus;
- Willingness to put forth creative recommendations and solutions during project conception;
- Ability to actively provide and receive creative feedback during weekly critique;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a creative team;
- Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines;
- Ability to take direction and seek help when needed;
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once;
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must upload:
- Cover Letter
- 2 References (at least one academic, e.g. professor, advisor)
- Writing Sample
- Work, Academic, and Volunteer Schedule
- Responses to the following qualifying questions
- Responses to the following supplemental questions
Please note: Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Are you a current graduate student taking classes at UF's main campus in Gainesville, FL?
- Can you commit to working Fall 2017 through end of Spring 2018?
- Can you commit 10-20 hours per week to this position and its responsibilities?
- Are you able to attend Fall GatorWell Student Employee Orientation Training prior to the start of fall semester (Saturday, August 12th, 2017)?
- Please describe your time commitments in detail (work, academic, volunteer; hours and times not available) for the 2017-18 academic year.
- Describe all other campus employment/assistantship responsibilities.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now