GatorWell Health Promotion Services is looking for a motivated and talented University of Florida undergraduate or graduate student to assist with graphic design and digital communication efforts. The successful candidate will work as part of a creative team to create clear and compelling print and digital products that may include advertisements, health communication campaigns, posters, infographics, data briefs, and reports. This dynamic position is ideal for a creative, self-motivated student with graphic design training and skills, as well as an interest in marketing, communication, and health.
- Develop the layout and production design of various products including advertisements, health communication campaigns, posters, infographics, data briefs, reports, etc.
- Conceive and develop designs in various media (print, digital, etc.) for GatorWell health communication and marketing needs;
- Produce print collateral using in-house equipment;
- Conceive and develop information graphics (e.g., charts, diagrams, maps, icons) for print, exhibit or screen;
- Work with the Assessment Team to plan and design creative products to report health survey/assessment findings;
- Follow GatorWell design guidelines and standards for all work;
- Communicate directly with TechTeam project leader to obtain and clarify key information;
- Serve on a creative team comprised of professional and student staff;
This position works as part of a creative team that includes a marketing and communications specialist, health educators and other students. Comfort is required in working with content from a variety of health topics that GatorWell addresses. Student staff is expected to be responsible and dependable. The work will take place at the GatorWell main office on level 1 of the J.W. Reitz Union. Tasteful, casual dress is required.
This is an hourly student OPS positions and does not include a tuition/fee waiver or benefits. The student assistant will work 12-15 hours/week scheduled between 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday. Off during break weeks. Must be able to attend the GatorWell-wide Student Training in Fall 2017 prior to Fall 2017 semester activities, to be held on Saturday, August 12th, 2017.
- This position is open to all students who are eligible to work on campus and will be employed through student Other Personnel Services (OPS). Students must maintain a minimum 2.0 grade point average and be enrolled for at least six credit hours a semester. Registered students are employed on a part-time basis, up to 20 hours per week.
- Must be able to commit to Fall 2017 through end of Spring 2018;
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Coursework and/or experience in graphic design, print and digital communication, digital arts, marketing communications, or related areas;
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically: Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop;
- Proficiency with the latest graphic and web design principles and aesthetics;
- Experience in creating engaging designs for various media;
- Experience in creating infographics (maps, charts, diagrams) and visualizing data;
- Ability to translate health data into simple and engaging visualizations;
- Experience with art direction and staged photography and the ability to manipulate and retouch photographs;
- Ability to illustrate in various styles;
- Excellent copywriting skills;
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must upload:
- Cover Letter
- 2 References (at least one academic, e.g. professor, advisor)
- Sample of your work (Portfolio)
- Work, Academic, and Volunteer Schedule
- Responses to the following qualifying questions
- Responses to the following supplemental questions
Please note: Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Are you a current student taking classes at UF's main campus in Gainesville, FL?
- Can you commit to working Fall 2017 through end of Spring 2018?
- Can you commit 10-20 hours per week to this position and its responsibilities?
- Are you able to attend Fall GatorWell Student Employee Orientation Training prior to the start of fall semester (Saturday, August 12th, 2017)?
- Please describe your time commitments in detail (work, academic, volunteer; hours and times not available) for the 2017-18 academic year.
- Describe all other campus employment/assistantship responsibilities.