The Department of Health Outcomes and Policy (HOP) and Institute for Child Health Policy (ICHP) at the University of Florida is seeking a qualified and enthusiastic individual to provide a broad range administrative support. This is a highly professional position requiring daily contact with faculty, staff, the university community, and visitors. This position includes support in the Human Resources areas, and as such, requires a high level of confidentiality related to sensitive issues. A professional demeanor and the exercise of independent and prudent judgment when completing asks and responsibilities associated with these duties is imperative.
• This position is the primary contact both in person and via phone in maintaining incoming calls for the Department of Health Outcomes and Policy and the Institute for Child Health Policy. In this capacity, this position will route calls accordingly and assists when necessary in providing information. This position will also maintain conference room scheduling for the two modular buildings, as well as reservations for Department parking passes.
• This position is the primary point of contact for visitors to the modular buildings, serving as the main guide for faculty candidate and visitors. Escorts' visitors to and from airport, campus, lodging and various facilities in Gainesville. In addition, this position will insure that purchases are properly delivered and signed.
• This position will Serves as the Asset Management Inventory Manager, which includes managing the physical inventory process, asset scanning, and scan reconciliation.
• Responsible for upkeep of maintenance issues, include those for information technology. Submits work orders for maintenance and repairs. Submits work orders in the UF Health IT system. Obtains quotes for various projects and obtains required financial approval.
• Maintains record of office keys and after-hours access assigned and returned. Request new and replacement keys as needed.
• Maintains the reservation of the state vehicle for use. Maintains the services log for the state vehicle assuring routine maintenance is up to date.
• In conjunction with the department's lead HR Liaison, this position is responsible for implementing personnel needs for the department and Institute. This includes hiring, termination, and changes in positions for TEAMS, OPS, and student positions. In consultation with the Human Resources Generalist I, this position will be responsible for creating positions, posting positions in PeopleSoft, and completing appropriate paperwork to complete hires. Will help obtain appropriate visas for new or transfer employees. Meets departmental, Dean's office, Human Resource Services and Student Employment payroll processing deadlines. Has knowledge of Affirmative Action regulations. Ensures completion of performance evaluations. Works closely with Human Resource Services in regards to confidential matters such as non-renewals, end of time-limited positions, and corrective action plans. Establishes and maintains confidential personnel files for department and Institute employees including faculty, staff, OPS, students and courtesy/joint faculty